NORCROSS, Ga. - Feb. 10, 2022 - PRLog -- Don Greene, chief executive officer of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE), announced election results for the association's new officers.
Three positions were filled on the 14-person Board of Trustees:
- President-elect: Eileen Van Aken, professor and department head of the Grado Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Virginia Tech
- Senior vice president, international: Gino Lim, professor and chairman, Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Houston
- Senior vice president, industry: Renee Thiesing, vice president of products at Simio LLC
Before the election, Van Aken stated that she would like the ISE community to "leverage the extraordinary resources that our professional society provides."
She listed that a key membership-related priority involves providing "a clear value proposition so that we can increase conversion of students to professional members, retain industry professional members and grow international members." She also hopes to "further strengthen industry-academic collaboration."
Two posts on the Technical Operations Board and six regional operations vice presidents also were elected:
- Technical vice presidents, Technical Operations Board: Nadiye Erdil, associate professor, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at the University of New Haven; and Omar Ashour, associate professor of industrial engineering at The Pennsylvania State University, The Behrend College
- Regional vice president, Asia: Min Xie
- Regional vice president, Central and South America: Martha Ramirez-Valdivia
- Regional vice president, México: José Cervantes-León
- Regional vice president, Northeast: Michael Testani
- Regional vice president, Southeast: Dean Athanassiades
- Regional vice president, Western: Shokoufeh Mirzaei
About IISE: The Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers is the world's largest professional society dedicated solely to the support of the industrial engineering profession and individuals involved with improving quality and productivity. Founded in 1948, IISE is an international, nonprofit association that provides knowledge, training, networking opportunities and recognition to enhance the skills and effectiveness of its members, customers and the profession. Visit www.iise.org for more information.
Photos: (Click photo to enlarge)
Read Full Story - Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers elects new leaders | More news from this source
Press release distribution by PRLog