- Methane, a potent greenhouse gas, accounts for over 30% of global warming dating back to pre-industrial times
- Despite its connotations as a relatively clean fossil fuel, natural gas is 70-90% made up of methane
- A key source of greenhouse emissions in recent year has been the leakage of methane from natural gas fracking operations
- Renewable Natural Gas presents a carbon neutral alternative to natural gas, with production increasing by over 20% YoY in both, the United States and Canada over the past year
- EverGen Infrastructure Corp. has been at the forefront of the development of North America’s RNG production capacity; by early 2023, the company targets over 230 gigajoules per day of RNG production capacity
Methane, a potent greenhouse gas and major contributor to global warming, has historically borne an association with cow burps and wetlands (https://ibn.fm/qCrGW). Over 80 times more potent than carbon dioxide, methane has been found to account for approximately 30 percent of global warming since pre-industrial times and is currently proliferating faster than at any time since record keeping first began in the 1980s (https://ibn.fm/ks84p). In comparison, natural gas has been hailed as the potential ‘bridge’ fuel towards a greener future, with consumers pointing towards the relatively lower carbon emissions generated through the use of natural gas relative to the likes of crude oil and thermal coal. Nonetheless, and despite its greener connotations and perception as a largely benign fossil fuel, natural gas is composed of 70-90 percent methane (https://ibn.fm/zUc8X), an oft forgotten statistic by natural gas advocates.
Over the past decade, nearly two-thirds of all new gas production globally has emerged from the United States and Canada, a result of new natural gas fracking technology. A complex process entailing the injection of highly pressurized water, chemicals, and sand to create and prop open fissures for gas to…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to EVGIF are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/EVGIF
About Green Energy Stocks
Green Energy Stocks (GES) is a specialized communications platform with a focus on companies working to shape the future of the green economy. The company provides (1) access to a network of wire services via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) to millions of social media followers, and (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, GES is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, GES brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. GES is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from Green Energy Stocks, text “Green” to 844-397-5787 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.GreenNRGStocks.com
Green Energy Stocks
Los Angeles, CA
Green Energy Stocks is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.