Do you think you have a torque converter issue with your vehicle but aren’t 100% sure? Sometimes it’s worth getting an expert opinion with stuff like this, especially if you’re not experienced with car mechanics. That way, the issue doesn’t get worse from being ignored, and you won’t do more damage trying to DIY the job without the proper knowledge and experience.
Eagle Transmission Repair Mesquite is a professional transmission shop based in Mesquite, Texas, and the team there are more than happy to meet a variety of mechanical needs, including repairing torque converters. Here, the team shares their tips for identifying and dealing with a torque converter issue…
Diagnosing and repairing a torque converter issue
It can be a little hard to identify whether problems with your car are caused by the torque converter or the transmission. Eagle Transmission Shop are experts in these kinds of issues, handling everything from CVT transmission repair to full Nissan transmission rebuild. The Eagle transmission team say there are certain signs to be aware of that can indicate a failing torque converter, such as:
- Sluggish response and slipping gears
- If your car is slipping out of gear and feels slow to respond to you, it may be a sign that the torque converter is malfunctioning.
- Rough idling
- A failing torque converter can cause rough idling or shuddering due to the transmission jumping between being too high or too low.
- Rough acceleration/deceleration
- A faulty torque converter can cause erratic hydraulic pressure, which in turn cause inconsistency when you are accelerating and decelerating.
- Gears won’t shift
- A completely failed torque converter can lock up your reverse or forward gears.
- Noisy transmission
- If you hear a rattling or whirring sound when you accelerate, it could be due to a malfunctioning torque converter.
- Transmission overheating
- A damaged torque converter seal that fluid leaks out can cause overheating and lead to even more damage.
It’s recommended that you take immediate action if any of these symptoms are evident with your vehicle, as most symptoms can cause danger while driving. Getting the problem fixed might just save your health, as well as saving you a lot of stress and financial expense in the long run.
If you’re in need of a specialist transmission shop near me, call the team at Eagle Transmission Repair in Mesquite today on 214 306 9786.
Eagle Transmission Shop is a family owned and operated transmission and vehicle repair company offering high-quality services to clients across Texas, including Mesquite, Fort Worth and Dallas. Since our opening in 1983, Eagle Transmission Shop has worked tirelessly to offer only the highest quality products and services to customers.
For more information, please visit https://www.eagletransmissionmesquite.com/.
About Eagle Transmission Shop – Mesquite
Eagle Transmission provide you and your family a facility you can trust going to for all of your automotive service needs.
Contact Eagle Transmission Shop – Mesquite
2233 N. Galloway Ave
+1 214 306 9786