The "IoT Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) Market by Components, Processor Type, OS, Segment, and Industry Verticals 2023 - 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This IoT RTOS market report evaluates opportunities for RTOS and their use in embedded IoT systems including hardware, software, and firmware by market segment and industry verticals.
It includes an assessment of peripherals and tools to support embedded system processing in the IoT RTOS market. It also assesses vendors, platforms, and solutions including both open source and proprietary RTOS.
Select Report Findings:
- RTOS will be critical for many forms of industrial automation including smart machines
- Europe will lead the IoT RTOS market through 2028 followed by Asia Pacific and North America
- Leading IoT RTOS industry verticals will be telecom, healthcare, automotive, and aerospace markets globally
- IoT RTOS requires a high degree of reliability and consistency in terms of timing between application task acceptance and completion
- There is anticipated to be a considerable amount of ecosystem consolidation as many of the smaller players in IoT RTOS will be acquired or witness a significant change in business operations
A Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS) is an OS that manages hardware resources, hosts applications, and processes data on a real-time basis. RTOS defines real-time task processing time, interrupt latency, and reliability of hardware and applications, which is especially important for low-powered and memory-constrained devices and the networks/systems that depend upon them.
The key difference between RTOS and a general-purpose OS lies within the former's high degree of reliability and consistency in terms of timing between application's task acceptance and completion as compared to the latter.
Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) represent tiny integrated devices or systems that combine mechanical and electrical components. MEMS consist of a central unit that processes data (the microprocessor) and several components that interact with the surroundings such as micro-sensors. MEMS provides a business benefit through their ability to sense, control and actuate on the micro-scale, and generate effects on the macro scale.
MEMS are key components in a wide variety of embedded devices, systems, solutions, and applications across virtually every industry vertical. Leading micro-electronics suppliers, such as STMicroelectronics, provide various MEMS solutions such as smart sensors and sensor hubs, UV index sensors, temperature sensors, and touch sensors. High growth areas for MEMS include a few emerging high-tech segments such as virtual reality and many Internet of Things (IoT) related areas such as connected vehicles, UAVs, and others.
There is a strong relationship between embedded systems, RTOS, and IoT as real-time OS solutions are a component to build comprehensive embedded systems for IoT solutions for consumer products as well as industrial IoT (IIoT) assets, systems, and processes.
Embedded RTOS is a key consideration to deploy mission-critical, ultra-reliable IIoT applications across various industry verticals including industrial equipment, automotive, healthcare, telecommunications, government solutions, and others. This will especially be the case for Industry 4.0 in terms of industrial automation processes and manufacturing assets such as smart machines and cloud robotics.
This report provides an in-depth assessment of the RTOS embedded IoT system market including the following:
- Assessment of RTOS in hardware, software, and firmware 2023 - 2028
- Analysis of embedded RTOS programs to support low-power device connectivity
- Evaluation of peripherals and tools to support embedded system processing in IoT
- Assessment of applications and industry verticals including benefits of RTOS compared to traditional OS
- Analysis of market segments and sub-segments with consideration towards emerging business models
- Evaluation of leading RTOS vendors, platforms, and solutions including both open source and proprietary technologies
- Acontis Technologies
- Alpha Microsystems Inc.
- Altreonic NV
- Analog Devices
- B-Labs Ltd
- Baigudin Software
- Blackberry QNX
- Blunk Microsystems
- CMX Systems
- Code Time Technologies
- Commsignia Ltd
- Embedded Access
- Embedded Labworks
- Embedded Office
- Euros Embedded
- Evidence SRL
- Express Logic
- Green Hills Software
- HyperC (Socware.net)
- Keith & Koep
- Lynx Software Technologies
- Mentor Graphics
- Micro Digital
- MontaVista Software
- National Instruments
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- OBP Research
- Phoenix Technologies
- Pumpkin Inc.
- Quantum Leaps, LLC
- Silicon Laboratories
- Sohwa & Sophia Technologies Inc.
- Stratify Labs
- Texas Instruments
- Theos Software Corporation
- Unicoi Systems
- Wind River
- Wittenstein High Integrity Systems
- Zephyr Project
Key Topics Covered:
1.0 Executive Summary
3.0 RTOS Value Chain, Architecture, and Software Ecosystem
4.0 IoT RTOS Company Analysis
5.0 IoT RTOS Market Analysis and Forecasts 2023 - 2028
6.0 North America IoT RTOS Forecast 2023 - 2028
7.0 South America IoT RTOS Forecast 2023 - 2028
8.0 Europe IoT RTOS Forecast 2023 - 2028
9.0 Asia Pacific IoT RTOS Forecast 2023 - 2028
10.0 Middle East and Africa IoT RTOS Forecast 2023 - 2028
11.0 Conclusions and Recommendations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5qdfq5-real-time?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230202005536/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900