Since August 2015, an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is required for travelers visiting Canada for six months. Citizens of select countries can apply for a Canada visa online, while all other countries must apply through the regular channels. A visa is proof that the Canadian embassy or consulate in your country of residence has determined that you are eligible and meet the entry requirements. Most nationals do not require a visa for tourist visits to Canada of less than 180 days. Instead, they can apply for and receive an eTA for Canada, which can be applied for online. eTA is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals wishing to travel to Canada by air. Single-entry and multiple-entry visas are the two types of Canada visas available in Canada. Canada Visa Online is a visa waiver document that allows qualified foreign citizens of various countries (visa-free) to visit Canada without first obtaining a visa from a Canadian Embassy.
Types of Canada Visa
- Temporary resident visa
- Study permit
- Work permit
- Permanent resident travel document
What Are the Documents Necessary for a Canada Visa?
The following documents are necessary:
- Your valid ID card.
- A Valid passport with minimum two blank pages
- A Proper application for a Canada visa.
- A receipt for Canada visa payments.
- Proof of clean criminal record.
- A medical examination certifying excellent health.
- Photographs meeting the criteria for submitting photographs for a Canada visa.
- Proof of financial standing
- Proof that you will return home after your Canadian visa expires.
- Documents proving your identity and marital status.
- A letter explaining why you are visiting Canada.
ONLINE CANADA VISA APPLICATION
The Electronic Travel Authorization was introduced by the Canadian government in May 2016 to speed up the visa application process. The eTA allows multiple entries for tourist, business or transit purposes with a maximum stay of 6 months each. You must apply for an eTA to visit Canada if you are from one of the visa-waiver countries (countries eligible for an eTA) and are arriving by air or traveling through a Canadian airport. Nowadays, Canada visa applications have been replaced by the Canada eTA visa, which has the same meaning and similar criteria, and grants travelers the same permission. eTA Canada (Electronic Travel Authorization) is an online visa for travelers from visa-exempt countries wishing to enter Canada by air for tourism, business, or transit purposes. It is valid for 5 years or until the expiration date of the associated passport, whichever comes first. A Canada eTA visa is a required travel authorization you need to fly to Canada without a traditional visitor or tourist visa. Since the Canada Visa Application Form is available online, the applicant can easily apply for an eTA without going through any hurdles. Visitors who are eligible to apply for an eTA visa from Canada can obtain the necessary authorization at any time of the day from the comfort of their own home without having to visit an embassy or consulate.
Who Requires a Visa to Enter Canada?
There are approximately 148 countries that require a visa to enter Canada. Entering Canada requires a visa for citizens of countries that do not have an eTA or visa waiver agreement. You can get different types of visas e.g. Visitor, study, work or even immigrant visas. Citizens of these countries must go through the visa application process depending on the reason for visiting the country.
You must follow these easy procedures to apply for a visa to Canada:
- Check if you’re eligible to travel to Canada
- Check your eligibility for a Canadian visa.
- Get the documents that show you meet the criteria for a visa
- Create an online profile.
- Give your fingerprints and photo (bio-metrics)
- Put the document file together.
- Cover the costs.
- Wait for your Canadian visa to be processed.
- Passport and processing costs must be submitted.
These are the steps to complete the Canada Visa Application.
- Create a GCKey and sign in to the CIC website
- Select visitor visa
- Fill in the mandatory details and save
- Download all Canada visa application forms
- Fill and electronic sign the application forms
- Upload filled and signed applications forms
- Upload supporting documents
- Pay the visa fee
- Pay bio-metrics fee
- Submit the application
- Give your bio-metrics are your nearest VAC
- Check the status of your application
- On approval, submit or mail your passport to your nearest VAC
- Receive or pick up your passport with Canada visa
CANADA VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
Canada is often a place that tourists overlook when choosing their vacation destination, but these people are missing out on the trip of a lifetime. There is adventure, exciting opportunities or relaxation in enchanting landscapes or even magnificent beaches. The first step is to determine what type of visa you need and to see if you are eligible to apply. You also need to know what documents you need to submit with your application. Canada is a popular destination for people from all over the world to visit, study, work or immigrate. If you want to visit Canada, you must apply for a visa. The stamp in your passport entitles you to enter Canada. A Canadian visa is an official document that allows you to enter the country for a specific purpose, such as tourism, business or study. It is a permit to enter and stay in the country legally, temporarily or permanently. Applying for a visa to Canada means that the Canadian consulate or embassy in your home country determines that you are eligible and meet the income requirements.
Types of Canada Visa
- Visitor visas.
- Student visas.
- Work visas.
- Permanent Residence visas.
- Business Immigrant visas.
- Express Entry Program visas.
CANADA VISA FOR BELGIUM CITIZENS
Those who do not intend to stay in Canada for more than 6 consecutive months can apply for a visa waiver online from Belgium through the ETA application process. Belgian citizens must apply for a Canada eTA visa to enter Canada for tourist, business, medical or transit purposes up to 90 days. Belgian citizens must have a valid eTA or visa before legally entering Canada. Once a Canadian electronic permit is approved, it is automatically linked electronically to the traveler's passport. Belgian travelers wishing to visit Canada can now obtain travel authorization to the country through a simple online visa waiver application. The approved eTA for Canada from Belgium allows multiple entries into the country and is valid for a total of 5 years from the date of issue, i.e. a new application does not have to be submitted before each trip. The Canadian eTA for Belgian citizens was launched in 2016 to allow travelers to obtain an electronic travel authorization exclusively online, without having to visit an embassy or consulate in person.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A CANADA ETA FOR THE CITIZENS OF BELGIUM?
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada, so make sure to check your passport’s expiry date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address – you need to provide a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – You can use a credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal account.
Company Name: CANADA Visa Official
Contact Person: Maya Shukla Rainworth
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 613-236-0841
Address:50 R. OConnor